Monday, March 14, 2011

for Rhapsody: on change

More writing inspired by the work of Vasudev. K told us a story about moving to another country and suddenly noticing change in herself and her surroundings many years later, triggered by a letter from an old friend. This one was written as homework for the workshop.

on Change


You look different.
You're exactly the same.
Something's happened to you.
Some of the things we say to each other after time apart.

When I'm close to you, you are much bigger. We are glued together. We sit on each other's shoulders. There is no room between us. There is no room.

So I wedge things between us to get a better view: jungles, buildings, distance, our differences. You do too.

I see you whole now, but I see little of you. There is so much more to see.

Now the land is strange between us. Now the sun above us is changed. The world only turns in one direction.

We cannot meet through the throng. We will have to find another way to each other. I guess we will have to walk all the way around, again.

1 comment:

  1. I keep coming back to this one after some time away. Addictive.

    ReplyDelete